WELCOME - We're glad you have stopped by!
Shawnee Town 1929 introduces children to life in a small farm town in the 1920s through engaging, hands-on programs that meet 1st - 5th grade Kansas and Missouri curriculum standards.
School visits are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from Mid-March through May and Mid-September through October.
Click on the program information below and call today to set up your school visit to Shawnee Town 1929.
A bus subsidy for school groups is available through the generosity of the Friends of Shawnee Town.
The bus subsidy is now $75 per bus.
On the day of your visit, we will need to know to whom the check should be made to (example: your school, school district, etc.) and the full address where the check should be sent. Checks will be mailed within 10 working days after your visit. For more information on the bus subsidy call (913) 248-2360.
Shawnee Town Museum - Map It
11501 W 57th Street
Shawnee KS 66203
Phone: (913) 742-5320
Fax: (913) 248-2363
- Price: $2.50 per student; $2.50 per accompanying adult; free for teachers and paraprofessionals
- Payment is expected upon arrival. For your convenience, we gladly accept cash, money order, credit card (Visa or Master Card), or check made payable to the City of Shawnee. We can also invoice your school ahead of time on request.
- We require that one adult is present for every 10 children.
- Picnic tables and benches that are surrounded by historic buildings and gardens are available for lunch.
- Shawnee Town 1929 is an outdoor museum with minimal provisions for inclement weather. We encourage students, teachers and parents to dress accordingly.
- Handicapped accessible
- Size limitation - 75 students. However, Shawnee Town Museum and the Johnson County Museum have partnered to offer simultaneous programs for larger groups. For more information contact our Curator of Education at (913) 742-6423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Sharron Uhler
, Curator of Education, for reservations (913) 742-6423 or fill out our on-line reservation form
. You will receive a confirmation letter with information about your field trip. Looking forward to seeing you!